There is an allure to guns beyond protection and the right to bear arms. The seduction seems to lie in the aesthetics of the object itself. Perhaps the love of shooting reinforces the love of the form, function and mechanics of guns. Maybe it is a love of antique objects, nostalgia for the past or romantic notions about battle lore. Whatever the reason, guns are collected as objects just as a numismatist would collect coins or a philatelist collects stamps.
- Title: Domesticated: Seeing Past Seduction
- Artist: Yorgos Efthymiadis
- Contributors: Paula Tognarelli – introduction, Yorgos Efthymiadis
- Publisher: Griffin Museum
- Date of publication: 2015
- Dimensions: 8″x10″
- Number of pages: 46