- This event has passed.
PARIS PHOTO 2019 with J. Sybylla Smith November 6-8, 2019. Pre-Planning Sessions on September 24 and October 22, 2019.
November 6 - November 8$550 – $650
PARIS PHOTO 2019 with J. Sybylla Smith November 6-8, 2019
Explore Photography in Paris!
$550 for Griffin members, $650 for non-members.
Join independent curator and educator, J. Sybylla Smith, a Paris Photo veteran, on a guided experience of the world’s largest international photo fair. Paris Photo features 150-plus galleries, 30-plus publishers, the Aperture/Paris Photo PhotoBook Awards, Prismes, the large-format section, Platforms, a speaker series, and 300-plus book-signings.
Planning is to key to enjoying the fair and will be a major focus of this tour. The guided tour consists of 10 scheduled hours before and during the fair:
- Two one-hour pre-planning sessions (7 pm, September 24 and October 22, 2019) with related materials will be held locally (at 17 Hawking Avenue, Somerville MA 02143) and be accessible remotely through prior arrangement. The initial session will present an overview with a detailed breakdown of the offerings and present a structured outline to utilize for each participant to customize the fair to individual needs and interests.
- Group pre-planning session in Paris prior to attending the private preview, the Vernissage, on Wednesday November 6th from noon – 4pm.
- Complimentary tickets to the Vernissage.
- Thursday November 7th – 2 hour session inside Paris Photo including a meeting with two gallery directors.
- Friday November 8th – 2 hour session inside Paris Photo including a meeting with two gallery directors.
J. Sybylla Smith is an independent curator of 27 solo/group exhibitions featuring over 110 international photographers in the U.S., Mexico and South America. Smith consults with individual photographers and arts organizations to develop exhibitions, educational programming and written content. She lectures and conducts workshops on Concept Aware ®, her original creative framework of concept development illustrated using contemporary photography.
Price: $550 for Griffin Museum of Photography members, $650 for non-members. Full payment is due by July 15th. (Price does NOT include airfare, meals, accommodation, or fair entrance fees. Participants are responsible for making their own travel and accommodation arrangements.)
Limited to 10 participants, with a minimum of 4 participants.
Le Petit Eiffel, 2013 © Arno Minkkinen