We at the Griffin care about your health and safety.
As our guests we want you to experience the creativity the museum has on its walls as safely as possible. Following the guidelines of the CDC, WHO and the State of Massachusetts, we are implementing new policies and protocols so your visit to the museum is a safe and healthy one when we do open to the public. Our plan is to open to the public beginning July 18th with reopening plans in place.
Here is what we are doing to keep you safe during your visit.
- We will provide training to our staff on up-to-date safety information and precautions including hygiene and other measures aimed at reducing disease transmission.
- We will limit service providers on site; shipping and deliveries should be completed in designated areas, preferably outside the facility if possible.
- A new appointment system for visitors to the museum has been implemented. An in advance appointment can be made as well as paying admission. Admissions and appointments are made at the same time and brings you to your cart, by using the admission/appointment link that can be found at the bottom of each web page on our website including the home page. All visits will be by appointment only. Admission needs to be paid in advance by credit card. We will not be accepting any cash payments. Of course, members are admitted free of charge.
- Limited capacity has been set for our building and for each of our galleries. Six foot physical distancing guidelines will be evident and reviewed with each of our guests at the reception desk. We will be developing a one-way flow through the museum.
- Employees will stay home if feeling ill.
- Masks covering the nose and mouth are to be worn at all times in the museum by staff and our visitors.
- Hand Sanitizing stations will be available in each gallery. Frequent hand washing will be maintained.
- We will be sanitizing between each group of visitors. All common surfaces will be disinfected between guests. All public touch points will be disinfected hourly during public hours as well as adding an additional day of professional cleaning services during closed public hours.
- We will keep cleaning logs that include date, time, and scope of cleaning.
- All staff of the Griffin will be routinely tested for signs of fever, cough or shortness of breath.
- To enable contact tracing, we will be keeping record logs of all of our visitors.
- We will post notices for our staff and visitors of important health information and relevant safety measures.
- In event of a positive case of the virus, we will shut down our site for a deep cleaning and disinfecting of the workplace in accordance with current guidance.
- At this point in time, our terrace is closed. The area is NOT available as a gathering area for the public. Signs to that effect will be posted.
- Reopening Plan