An Intimate Setting for Weddings, Parties, and Corporate Events
The Griffin Museum of Photography, with its spacious gallery, engaging exhibitions and its idyllic setting on Judkin’s Pond in Winchester, Massachusetts is unique among local function facilities. It is well suited for business meetings, cocktail receptions, weddings and other full catered affairs.
Our Event Facilities Include:
- Unique Royal Barry Wills designed building in colonial-style fieldstone with a decorative waterwheel
- Spacious gallery with high beamed ceilings
- The museum grounds overlook Judkin’s Pond
- Small catering kitchen with range, microwave, dishwasher & refrigerator
- Museum Shop/Gallery space with built-in benches for seating and mobile display cases suitable for setting up a cold buffet and or bar
- Spacious & private lawn suitable for canopy or tent
- Central Heat/Air Conditioning
- Two restrooms, one handicapped accessible
- 60 Stacking Chairs & five 6′ Tables
- Ample Free Parking
- Unique and picturesque setting
- Near commuter rail
- Wheelchair Accessibility throughout the building
- Maximum Building Capacity: 100 seated guests
- Utilize the Winchester Rotary Terrace
Renters will adhere to the following rules and policies of the Center:
- ALL events MUST be catered by professional caterers.
- Caterers must sign the Catering Instructions Form prior to the event.
- Alcohol and Catering permits from the Town of Winchester are the responsibility of the client, and must be filed with the Town and the museum one month prior to event.
- A non-refundable and non-transferable deposit of 50% of the Rental cost is to be paid at the time of booking the event. Additionally, a completed rental contract must be submitted at this time.
- Balance to be paid no later than three weeks before the event.
- Renter agrees to leave the museum clean and tidy with furniture and fixtures in their original location.
- Functions exceeding Plan time limits will incur an additional fee.
- All trash, waste, and packing created by the function must be removed at the end of the event.
- Moveable gallery walls will be arranged by Center Staff only and under NO circumstances are photographs to be moved.