Beginning June 1st, all member critiques have moved online for the safety of our staff and Griffin community members. Until we can all safely meet again, we must conduct the reviews on a safe platform for all.
Any active member of the Griffin Community can request a portfolio review with our Executive Director, Paula Tognarelli. These reviews are free to all of our members one time per year. If you request more than one review over the course of a year, there will be a fee. Nonmembers are welcomed as new members to participate in a yearly review.
Portfolio reviews take place via our Zoom platform, last 30 minutes and are individualized to the needs of the attendee. When you request your review, a Zoom link will be sent to you for your individual meeting date and time.
Things to think about when preparing for your review.
- 30 minutes goes by quickly. Be prepared.
- Have a presentation ready – 10 to 15 images in a slideshow, or presentation format. Your presentation can be built in Keynote, PDF, Powerpoint, or as a slide show from your Picture program.
- Paula Tognarelli is an experienced portfolio reviewer who participates in national portfolio reviews around the country. She will begin your review by asking what you want to accomplish in the review so be prepared with an answer as that will be the direction the review will take. Stating your purpose for the review is important and so is listening. Don’t plan to talk during the whole review. Plan for a give and take conversation. If you have never had a portfolio review before, do not worry, Paula will take you through the review so that leaving you will have the confidence to do future reviews.
- Before your zoom review, do a practice run of that 30 minute timeframe.
- Be open to the reviewers responses. Grow from the experience.
If you have any questions at all about the portfolio review experience, or wish to schedule a review, don’t hesitate to contact us. Scheduling goes through our Associate Director, Crista Dix. Email her at crista at griffin museum.org or call the museum at 781.729.1158
*Dates and times are subject to change depending on availability of reviewers / programming at museum.