Griffin Member Artists
December 9 – January 2, 2022
Exhibition Dates December 9, 2021 - January 2, 2022
Artist Reception December 9, 2021 6 - 8 pm
CALL FOR ENTRIES: WINTER SOLSTICE SHOW
Griffin Museum of Photography’s ALL Members Show
Exhibit dates: December 9, 2021 – January 2, 2022
Reception: Thursday December 9, 2021 from 6 – 8 pm
ELIGIBILITY: This Call for Entries is open to all Member photographers. There is no entry fee. Not a member? Look at the opens in a new windowbenefits of membership here.
Entrants must be members of the Griffin Museum of Photography (with expiration after 12/8/2021). The Griffin Museum invites photographers working in all mediums, styles and schools of thought to participate. Experimental and mixed techniques are welcome. We accept only one image that you’ve carefully considered. Artwork submitted must be original and by the submitter. Framed images must be no larger than 16 x 20 inches framed. Frame must be ready to hang.
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: Work must ARRIVE at the Griffin between November 22, 2021 – December 1, 2021.
The museum is closed on Thanksgiving, November 25th and the day after Thanksgiving on November 26th. Do not attempt to drop off your work on those two days. UPS & FEDEX will be notified not to deliver on those days.
We are not open on Mondays. Our business hours are 10 am to 4 pm Tuesday through Sunday. If you need something outside of those hours, call us to see if we can handle your request.
HOW TO ENTER:
Send jpg via email to crista at griffinmuseum dot org along with agreement forms.
- Submit jpg file of photograph. 300 dpi rgb. more or less 4×6 inches
- Name your file: your last name_your first name_Title.jpg. For example Lightyear_Buzz_ToInfinityandBeyond.jpg
- We will use images for website, to plan layout, for media and online shopping
- Sale Price
- Title of Photograph
- Creation Date
- Medium (i.e. archival inkjet print, silver gelatin print)
- Size of framed print (No larger than 16×20 framed)
- Download loan agreement on website, read, sign and return by email or snail mail to the Griffin Museum with framed piece. Any questions email: crista at griffinmuseum dot org.
- Download Winter Solstice Form, print it out, fill it out and attach to back of framed piece so we don’t have to do that.
- Let us know – Will you be delivering your work? Will it be shipped?
opens in a new windowWinter Solstice Form to go on back of frameopens PDF file print it out, fill it out, place it on back of frame
If we do not receive submission before December 1st (when work is due in museum) work will not be included.
- Framed and ready to hang
- Framed piece may not exceed 16×20 inches
- Must include artist name on the back of your frame with form attached.
- Must include complete form sheet on the back of frame
- Please include complete Winter Solstice Form and return to Griffin Museum to put on back of framed piece.
- Label package “Winter Solstice Members’ Show 2021”
- Must include return shipping label with package
Griffin Museum Winter Solstice Show 2021
67 Shore Road
Winchester, MA 01890
We will ship immediately after show so please expect to receive the package soon after the exhibition is over. (See loan agreement.)
DROP OFF / PICK UP:
The museum does not have sufficient space to store work that has been dropped off. Work can not be removed from the wall before January 2, 2022. You are responsible for arranging shipment or in person pick-up after the exhibition is over no sooner than January 3, 2021 between noon – 4 PM. We need to organize pieces for return. (See Loan Agreement link for more information)
EXHIBIT PRINTS: All images submitted for exhibition must be printed and framed professionally with either glass or plexi. The Griffin Museum recognizes that some work is non-traditional and incorporates the framing as an integral part of the presentation. Artists will be responsible for shipping their framed images to the Griffin Museum in advance of the gallery show and for arranging a pre-paid return-shipping label. All must provide the signed Loan Agreement Contract and Winter Solstice Form.
SALES: All work accepted for the Winter Solstice gallery show can be for sale. The Griffin Museum will retain a 35% commission on the sale of any work with the option to give all proceeds to the Griffin Museum. Thank you so much if you choose this option.
USE RIGHTS: Artists maintain copyright on all of their work. By submission, artists grant the Griffin Museum the right to use their images for the purpose of marketing the exhibition and other Griffin Museum programs; and for reproduction online, social media and in a print exhibition catalogue. Artists grant the use of their image(s) as stated without further contact or compensation from the Griffin. Artist’s recognition is provided with any use. Submitting artists will be added to the Griffin Museum’s monthly newsletter subscriber list. They may opt out using a link on each newsletter at any time. Any questions, please email crista at griffin museum dot org
We always look forward to our members’ show. You make our everyday happen!
Thank you for being a part of the Griffin community.